Monday, October 02, 2006

City of Tolerance

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.comI have left New York now and arrived in Chicago. Hopefully I will be able to write more about the city that never sleeps when I get back to London. New York is similar to London, it is fast, it is buzzing and very cosmopolitan, but just on a bigger scale. London to the power of 2 or 3 if you like.

Unlike London however, it is extremely safe, but like London it is very tolerant. I thought I post this picture to demonstrate this point. Here is a cab driver, who some would say, looks and dresses like a textbook Taliban figure. In fact he is a Baluchi and spoke Persian. Yet in a city that suffered 9/11, he feels free and comfortable to look and dress as he wants to, without fear of persecution.

I will write more about Chicago, but I dont think I have to stay here long to know that they love the English accent :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

which one is you? :))